Marine Revolver Deck Mounted, prodotto da Emil Busch A-G a Rathenow (Germania), intorno al 1915, per essere installato (Deck Mounted) sui ponti delle navi della Kaiserliche Marine durante la Prima Guerra Mondiale.
Ha un doppio revolver con 12 e 20 ingrandimenti e delle lenti obiettive da 80 mm che apportavano agli osservatori sui ponti delle navi della Kaiserliche Marine, una visuale molto luminosa anche al crepuscolare.
La distanza interpupillare viene impostata girando entrambi gli alloggiamenti prismatici. Sull'alloggiamento del prisma destro è presente una scala per la distanza interpupillare.
Il binocolo ha visiere parasole retrattili complete dei suoi originali coperchi per proteggere gli obbiettivi, attaccate ai tubi parasole tramite due cinghie di cuoio.
È completamente realizzato in bronzo marino ed ha un peso pari a circa 8 Kg.
È l'unico esemplare a tutt'oggi conosciuto, con impresse Corona Imperiale Tedesca e numero di assegnazione, sui contenitori dei prismi.
Foto originali d'epoca dimostrano, date le sue qualità ottiche, il suo impiego anche durante tutta la seconda guerra mondiale.
Marine Revolver Deck Mounted, produced by Emil Busch A-G in Rathenow (Germany), around 1915, to be installed (Deck Mounted) on the decks of Kaiserliche Marine ships during the First World War.
It has a double revolver with 12 and 20 magnifications and objective lenses of 80 mm that brought to the observatories on the bridges of the ships of the Kaiserliche Marine, a very bright view even at twilight.
The interpupillary distance is set by turning both prismatic housings. On the right prism housing there is a scale for the interpupillary distance.
The binoculars have retractable sun visors complete with its original covers to protect the objectives, attached to the sun shields by two leather straps.
It is completely made of marine bronze and weighs about 8 kg.
It is the only specimen still known, with the German Imperial Crown and assignment number, on the containers of prisms.
Original period photographs show, given its optical qualities, its use also throughout the Second World War.
Emil Busch was the son of the Berlin businessman Ludwig Friedrich Busch and his wife Jeanette, who was the daughter of the optical entrepreneur Johann August Heinrich Duncker who had founded his optical company in 1801. This company passed on to Heinrich’s son, Eduard.
Eventually, Emil Busch took over after his uncle’s death in 1845. Busch quickly introduced new ways of production, invested into machinery and started to develop cameras.
In 1865, he introduced the first anastigmatic lens, the wide angle Pantoskop. He worked closely with Zeiss and, actually, one of the Zeiss sons – Roderich – worked as an intern with the Busch company.
Zeiss and Busch formed a cartel and controlled the optical industry in their day.
Emil Busch was clearly the founder of the modern camera and lens manufacturing, especially of the principle of anastigmatic lenses that could actually be used in daily photography with the kind of glass of available at the time.